The most important characteristics of dessert mousses are that they give a pleasant eating sensation and a rich or refreshing flavour. The eating sensation is largely influenced by the foam texture and the melting of this foam in the mouth.
Emulsifiers, combined with gelatine, create and stabilise the foam. The choice for the best emulsifier depends on the mousse texture and volume you would like to create.
Sisterna sucrose esters
Sucrose esters typically create a mousse with a light eating characteristic; it melts nicely in your mouth and releases the flavours easily.
|• Overrun similar as conventional emulsifiers.
• Light eating, non greasy mouth feel.
• Strong (chocolate) flavour outcome.
• No off flavours.
• Smooth, glossy appearance.
• Darker colour (chocolate mousse) compared to other emulsifiers.
• Also stabilises fruit mousses.
|±0.4% Sisterna SP70/SP50/SP30 depending on requested texture.
For more details obtain: